lunes, 17 de octubre de 2011

7 de 30 - Life long personal memories = world love stories

De parte de Kenneth Andersen


Esta va en ingles, Ken fue mi primer "Jefe formal" trabajamos juntos en el Colegio Americano por mas de 4 años y desarrollamos un curso de verano increíble y muchas cosas mas... siempre pensamos que nunca se iba a casar...


"Hi Samara,
I realized that this isn't in spanish, but I saw the blog and hope this works...It was great to catch up, we'll be in touch...

With all the doom and gloom in the news, it's true that we can lose perspective of the simple, beautiful things that life has to offer, things that typically don't resemble what Hollywood, news reporters, and marketing executives try to represent as the meaning of life.

As my mother's health quickly declined from colon cancer, I organized a visit with my girlfriend so that the two could meet, figuring that it was likely going to be their only encounter.

What I didn't expect was for my dad to pull me aside during the visit and present me with a engagement ring that my mom had inherited from her aunt, dating back to 1923, which she now apparently wanted me to have. With my girlfriend sitting at the foot of her bed making conversation, I looked at my dad and figured there was only one thing to do.

Seize the moment and propose on the spot.

My dad was more nervous than I was and my girlfriend never saw it coming. Understand that my family is not very expressive and doesn't lend itself to sentimentality. But after a long, conflicted relationship with my mom, somehow I knew I'd regret not taking advantage of this opportunity.

Thankfully my girlfriend said yes, because it would have been embarrassing to be rejected in front of my mom. Indeed, it was their only encounter and she passed away three weeks later.  My last memory of her was watching her hug my girlfriend, welcome her to the family, and wish us a life of happiness.

So I look back now and wonder if it was a dream, or if life can really bless us with opportunities like these if we have the courage to jump on them. I wonder if by Hollywood standards this could be considered a romantic story, or simply a beautiful moment that won't make news, just lifelong personal memories."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario